This is a demo for iphone push notification. It will give you PEM for your .p12 file. It is to quickly convert P12 files to a PEM file. PEM files are used for sending push notification via the script here: APNS Help
Is an ASCII format and can be opened with a text editor. It is used by most SSL-based tools. Key and certificate are two separate files.
Actually: Pkcs12 is used by most browsers. Key and certificate are in one file.
P12 to PEM
- Open Keychain Access utility and click the My Certificates category in the left pane.
- Find the certificate you want to install and disclose its contents.You’ll see both a certificate and a private key.
- Select both the certificate and key, choose File > Export Items, and export them as a Personal Information Exchange (.p12) file.
- Servers implemented in languages such as Ruby and Perl often are better able to deal with certificates in the Personal Information Exchange format. To convert the certificate to this format, complete the following steps:
- In KeyChain Access, select the certificate and choose File > Export Items. Select the Personal Information Exchange (.p12) option, select a save location, and click Save.
- Launch the Terminal application and enter the following command after the prompt:
openssl pkcs12 -inCertificateName
- Copy the
.pemcertificate to the new computer and install it in the appropriate place.
In some scenario developer don’t have mac to convert p12 to pem. so this might help some one to convert p12 to pem very easily with out any hurdling, in two seconds.
Happy Apple Push Notification!!!